If the athLEDA team knows one thing about student-athletes, it’s that they have a lot on their plate. In their mission to provide these over-taxed students with much-needed resources and mentorship, athLEDA needed to create a central hub that worked with their hectic, often variable athletic schedules — and meet student-athletes where they already were, on their phones and in-app.
To help make this vision a reality, athLEDA enlisted the help of enCappture — and thanks to enCappture’s experience creating engaging mobile apps for associations, the team knew exactly what features the athLEDA app needed to succeed. Let’s take a closer look.
Key features to keep students engaged in-app
athLEDA knew their app had to be fresh, relevant, and easily accessible if it was to cut through the noise and keep student-athletes engaged while in the app. enCappture worked with athLEDA stakeholders to ensure these key features were optimized for the best user journey possible:
- Easy onboarding — Student-athletes don’t have time to decipher a complicated interface, which is why the athLEDA app adopted a smooth, straightforward onboarding process to ensure app downloads convert to consistent usage.
- Small habits — Aware of the limited free time available to student-athletes, athLEDA made sure their app content could be consumed in bite-sized chunks. Learning experiences and assessments are delivered in 3-4 minutes, allowing student-athletes to easily integrate the app experiences into their day, and eventually become habit.
- Flexible scheduling — To address the variable and ever-changing schedules of student-athletes, enCappture made sure the athLEDA app can easily aggregate student-athlete and mentor availability and identify mutually-agreeable meeting times.
- Interactive content — Recognizing the popularity of interactive video content on TikTok, athLEDA brought a welcome element of fun to their app with interactive video challenges. As an added bonus, this interactive content creates a micro-community in the app among those student-athletes who participate in the challenge at hand.
- Social features — To meet athLEDA’s goal of creating a community of like-minded student-athletes and mentors, the app implements several social functions to encourage communication (comment boards, direct messaging) and friendly competition (leaderboards).
Get your members connected with a custom mobile app
If you’re trying to keep association members connected, a mobile app is a great way to drive engagement. enCappture specializes in creating turnkey custom turnkey mobile apps with the features you need to keep your members coming back.
To learn more about how savvy associations, businesses, and entrepreneurs are building a better sense of brand, keeping users engaged, and owning their audience with a custom turnkey app from enCappture, check out our resources page.